Saturday, June 12, 2010

Recipes: Eggs with Sweet Soy Sauce




The first food I have made is " Telur Masak Kicap" (Eggs with sweet soy sauce). My all time favorite dish. Simple and delicious. I think I made it a bit different from what I normally eat, but still I am very happy for it. I will share some dish that I've made. Try it, recommend it, add it, please do. Every taste bud is different and everyone seems to have their own techniques. I am still learning and would love to learn more.

I got this recipe from Feed My World.


Ayam Masak Kicap (Chicken with Sweet Soy sauce)

Ingredient :-

Chicken ( I prefer chicken fillet, it's easier to cook)
Garlic (minced)
Shallot (cut into rings)
Onion (cut into rings)
Honey (2 tablespoons)
Soy sauce (2 tablespoons)
Sambal oelek (depends how spicy you want it)

1. mix honey, soy sauce and sambal oelek. Put aside.
2. heat the oil and put in shallot until it soft.
3. put in minced garlic and chicken.
4. Put in the honey mixture and let it simmer awhile.
5. You can add onions, tomatoes, or whatever additional you want.


If you ask me how much is garlic or shallot. The truth is, i just put it, there's no harm putting much garlic or much shallot if you like them. It is your food. Like my mom always tell us "You make the food, not the other way around"

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting and tasty! I must admit, I do not know what Sambal oelek is. Is that an Indian spice? Where does one usually find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is very tasty! Give it a try!
    Usually you will find it at Asian store. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read your lovely comments!